To alleviate your fears and welcome you into our inn, we want to reassure you that your health and safety are our highest priority. During this public health crisis, we continue to be committed to our high-level attention to detail. You can see our guest comments in Trip Advisor and Google.
We are following CDC guidelines and industry best practices for safe disinfecting procedures. As you know, we live on site, so we take the same precautions to protect our health and yours. Many of our enhanced cleaning procedures are outlined below. Along with your participation in recommended safe practices, we will get through this together.
– In anticipation of individual concerns of guests, housekeeping shall not enter a guest room during a stay unless requested by the guest. Supplies can be provided as needed.
– We have ‘decluttered’ the rooms. We have removed all throw pillows and blanket throws.
– All bedding is washed between guests.
– High touch surfaces are disinfected—remotes, door handles, light switches, tabletops, keys, etc.
– We have touchless check in where your balance will be charged automatically on the day of arrival.
– Disinfectant products used on all surfaces and fixtures. All high touch surfaces wiped with disinfectant.
– Wash your hands! Liquid soap at the sink. Individual bar soap and pump dispensers for shower and disposable drinking cups are provided.
– Consider bringing a refillable water bottle. We have water dispensers on each floor.
– Disinfectant wipes and hand sanitizer are located in common areas in lobby and hallways.
– All high touch surfaces are disinfected throughout the day—door handles, railings, light switches, keys, tabletops.
– We will offer options for breakfast. You may decline to have breakfast. You may have breakfast in your room or you may choose a specific time to come to the breakfast room and we will stagger guests this way or you will be seated at least 6 feet apart.
– We are regularly inspected by the New Hanover County Health Department and have Safe-Serve certification.
– Guest hand washing immediately before and after seating is highly recommended.
– Guests are encouraged to bring whatever supplies they need personally—masks, gloves, hand sanitizer, wipes, personal water bottles. Please feel free to bring your own pillows as well.
– Hugs and handshakes are temporarily being replaced by bright smiles and a warm welcome.
– If you are not feeling well, please stay at home. Please do not travel to the inn if you have had a fever or shown symptoms of COVID in the past 14 days. Stay home in order to comply with CDC guidelines.
– We are working hard to ensure you have a safe, healthy, and fun experience in Wilmington while you stay with us at C.W. Worth House Bed and Breakfast.
Guests with allergies should take note of the resident cat, Simon at our B&B. Your hosts can suggest pet boarding nearby. Children 12 and older are welcome. Guests may smoke on the outside second floor veranda or on the front porch. Rates range from $164 to $225 (exclusive of tax) and include a full breakfast and afternoon refreshments. A major credit card will secure your reservation either online or over the phone. Our cancellation policy requires seven days notice prior to arrival in order to avoid a charge for one night. A two-night minimum is required on most weekends. Check in is between 4 pm and 7 pm; check out is at 11 am.
- For insurance reasons and the safety and security of all guests, only registered guests are allowed in guestrooms. You are welcome to share the first floor sitting rooms with your visitors.
- No smoking anywhere in the inn; smoking outdoor only.
- Candles are not allowed in the guestrooms.
- Take-out food is not allowed in the guestrooms (Health Dept). We encourage guests to enjoy our excellent dining downtown and will gladly share our favorite restaurants and make reservations for you.
- We cannot accommodate check-ins after 9:00 p.m. unless specific arrangements have been made.
We look forward to your stay with us.