Our Roseville Tomato Biscuits are the best last minute addition to any brunch!
This is a nice side dish to eggs or quiche and would work for a crowd or on a buffet.
From the kitchen of: C.W. Worth House Bed and Breakfast
Prep time: 20 minutes Cook time: 15 minutes
- 2 cans of biscuits, plain works just fine
- 2 T. fresh basil, chopped
- 5 fresh tomatoes, Roma size or larger
- ½ c. mayo
- ½ c. grated cheese (mixed blend)
- ½ c. grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ t. Mrs. Dash or (any mix of favorable herbs)
- 2 T. melted butter
Line cookie sheet with foil and spray with PAM. Place separated biscuits on pan, flatten a little with the bottom of a glass. Brush with melted butter. Top each biscuit with a slice of tomato and sprinkle on basil and Mrs. Dash or blend of selected herbs and fresh basil.
Next, in a small bowl mix ½ c. mayo, ½ c. grated mixed cheese. Top each tomato with 1 T. of this mixture. Top off with a sprinkle of grated Parmesan cheese.
Bake at 350 degrees until puffed and golden. Let cool for 5 minutes then enjoy!