Go ahead and plan a staycation!
Attention locals of Wilmington! Have you been longing to go on vacation but are conflicted about leaving town given the current condition of the world? Fifty percent of Americans have reported in surveys that the pandemic has changed their travel priorities and the travel experiences they are seeking have changed. Perhaps a lovely staycation here at C.W. Worth House Bed and Breakfast is exactly what you need! A bed and breakfast is a great alternative to a hotel or Airbnb. Your hosts are a wealth of information and know first-hand about Wilmington and what will make your experience special (and some hidden treasures too!) Our local Convention and Visitors Bureau slogan for the Fall is “Fall is the new Summer”. Come enjoy all Wilmington has to offer.
You can treat yourself to a staycation and rediscover your hometown And while doing so you will find yet another reason to love where you live!
- Step out of your comfort zone and eat at a new-to-you restaurant – enjoy local seafood, farm to table options and international cuisines. You could even try one of the dozen local craft breweries and discover a new brew!
- Visit local attractions you have passed dozens of times but never visited. Some outdoor activities to consider include: Airlie Gardens, the USS North Carolina battleship, and the North Carolina Aquarium at Fort Fisher. Do not forget the awesome sunsets over the Cape Fear River!
- Ask about what there is to do nearby the B&B and what is within walking distance. Think like a tourist: Use websites like Trip Advisor and Yelp to see where the tourists are flocking and find the unique things that define the corner of the world you are visiting.
- Maybe you are a soon-to-be local! Staying at a local B&B is a great way to get acquainted with the Wilmington community. And your hosts know the area and can help you get acclimated.
- Experience a romantic getaway with your significant other — celebrate an anniversary or birthday by taking a staycation! Consider the romance packages offered and ask about the most couple friendly hot spots nearby. Talk to your innkeepers about the special occasion prior to your visit – ask about flower arrangements, sparkling wine or chocolates that will appropriately match the joyous affair.
- Do you have a handful of vacation days saved up? A staycation is an excellent way to spend your well-deserved time off without burning a hole in your pocket.
Stay close to home and plan a staycation. Staying closer to home has many benefits nowadays such as cutting costs, reducing stress, and reducing your exposure to the coronavirus. It is also a chance for you to learn more about your own town and you can impress your friends and family the next time they visit! You will be pleasantly surprised when you take the opportunity to kick back and relax right here in this picturesque town, we have the privilege to call home.
Safety is everything. Ease your mind and increase your physical safety at a small, locally owned bed and breakfast. We are here to alleviate your concerns and welcome you to C.W. Worth House, your health and safety are our highest priority. Plan your next getaway. Click here for availability at the C.W. Worth House Bed and Breakfast!