Here is some “Insider Info” from local bed and breakfast innkeepers Margi & Doug Erickson at the C.W. Worth House Bed and Breakfast.
Try a getaway to a bed and breakfast in the mountains or in a historic district. Most B&B’s are within walking distance to so many restaurants and attractions. Wilmington has an abundance of river excursions and recreational activities nearby so be sure to get out on the river on a boat tour or a sailboat. It is always a special treat to be on the water while looking back at our charming city–the old historic district and the “New Found” Wilmington being developed along the river on the north end of Wilmington including a $40 million world class marina.
- Ask family and friends for referrals or first hand information about your destination.
- Then, check out Trip Advisor, or Google “bed and breakfast, (city, state)” and see who comes up in the first few spots (below the ads). Are they near your destination? Is the B&B close to attractions you plan to visit during your trip?
- Check out the website. Look for clear pictures, easy to read descriptions. Do they have an online reservation system? If you have all your answers, then go ahead and book directly online at their website or give the B&B a call.
- All bed and breakfasts are unique. That is the fun part about staying at one! Amenities differ so ask questions prior to booking your stay. Is breakfast included; what do they typically serve for breakfast; what time is breakfast?
- How accommodating is the B&B you’re considering? Do they have onsite parking? Do they have free WiFi? Unlike hotels, most B&B’s offer free WiFi, free parking, free breakfast and the owners act as concierge to help you feel comfortable to get out and see the area.
- Ask questions! Your innkeepers love sharing their insider info about the historic district and their favorite attractions and the best restaurants.
The possibilities are endless! We hope these tips assist you in choosing a beautiful, welcoming B&B like our own C.W Worth House Bed and Breakfast.